Everyone wants to save money, especially in the world that we live in today. Your life can drastically change in a second & you’d be crazy to not want some extra cash tucked away somewhere.
So here’s a couple ways to start tucking money away!
- x% per paycheck— take a look at your bills & determine what you could afford to take from your paychecks. Transfer that amount into your savings account every payday & leave it alone.
- open a Fidelity account— decide how much you can put away per month & tuck it away in an IRA. Start investing it & your money could grow insanely.
- Cash jar— keep a jar somewhere where you toss your loose change & cash into.
- open a new checkings/saving account— some banks will give you bonuses (as much as $400!) for opening a new account with them & meeting certain requirements. It’ll promote saving because you’ll have to keep a certain amount in the account!
- resist temptation— when you see something you just have to have at the store, or when you’d really like some ice cream on the way home, tell yourself no. & then when you get home, put the money you would’ve spent on the item or treat in your savings or cash jar.
- set a goal— “by this day I want to have $x saved up!” & then do it! It might work best for you to give yourself a deadline!
If you or someone you know have some other ideas for saving money, let me know!
*image from Google